Early web dev (1999 to around when jQuery came out), a decade of C++ in stock exchanges, and now Java in ad tech.
Here, you may know me from the early days of SOCVR which I founded, or moderating the Craft Beer Stack Exchange.
At home these days I'm tinkering with fractal-based data compression, thinking about how we can humanize programming paradigms, and writing code to disassemble / analyze the 1994 SNES game Super Metroid.
New York, NY, United States
Member for 6 years, 10 months
1 profile view
Last seen May 7 '15 at 6:02
- Stack Overflow 24.9k 24.9k 1212 gold badges6969 silver badges117117 bronze badges
- Beer, Wine & Spirits 3.2k 3.2k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Mathematica 3.1k 3.1k 1111 silver badges3636 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 2.7k 2.7k 1515 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Mathematics 2.2k 2.2k 22 gold badges1515 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 402 Regular expression to allow spaces between words
- 185 Can a coin with an unknown bias be treated as fair?
- 105 Is there anything better I can say to coworkers after taking a day off for mental health, when they ask?
- 103 Is it naive to tell my current employer that I'll be leaving, months in advance?
- 87 Free, lightweight, all-in-one, audio and video format converter
- 67 Is it possible to increment numbers using regex substitution?
- 53 Why use static RAM addresses instead of the stack?
- View more network posts →